The Metl-Span Architectural/Horizontal insulated metal wall panel is ideal for high profile horizontal applications. Designed to install with concealed clips and fasteners in the
Architectural/Horizontal wall panels provide maximum design flexibility and a beautiful high-tech appearance. The horizontal interlocking joint can be varied for visual impact. It may be ordered flush or with a 3/8″ deep reveal of 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, or 3″ width. The panel ends are folded to eliminate the need for metal trim at the vertical butt joint. The joint is sealed with a black dry gasket to create a shadowline effect that can be emulated in the horizontal reveal.
Architectural flat with flush or reveal horizontal joints
Light Mesa nominal 1/16″ deep Panel Core: Foamed-in-place, Non-CFC & zero ODP polyurethane, FM Class 1 approval
K-factor, Btu in/ft2 hr. °F @ 75°F (24°C) mean core temperature = 0.140.
K-factor, Btu in/ft2 hr. °F @ 40°F (4°C) mean core temperature = 0.126
24″, 30″, 36″
1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″
2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 4″
Standard 8′-0″ to 32′-0″
Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel
in 22 Ga.
Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 26 Ga., 24 Ga. and 22 Ga.
Offset double tongue and groove with extended metal shelf for positive
Fastener and clip concealed in the side joint
Finishes & Colors:
A full range of exterior colors & coatings are available for the architectural market. For specific information about our available colors and coatings, visit us online for a comprehensive selection.
Superior Insulating Value across the entire wall and roof area is assured with Metl-Span panels. The advanced polyurethane core provides enhanced insulation values that significantly lowers heating and cooling costs.
One-Piece Construction process assures rapid completion of the wall and roof system. Factory fabricated composite panels are attached directly to the supporting structure and multiple steps to construct the insulated wall and roof are eliminated. Faster building completion means reduced construction and interim financing costs.
Lightweight yet Structurally Strong panels weigh only 2 ½ to 3 ½ pounds per square foot, but are structurally strong enough for long spans that can significantly reduce costs for frame support.
Impermeable Faces & Built-in Thermal Breaks ensure the highest insulating values are maintained for the life of the building. Panels are manufactured with impermeable faces and when installed the insulation is completely encapsulated by metal trim that creates an impermeable membrane on all sides of the panel. The aged “R” values are comparable to the initial “R” values many years after the buildings original completion. Assured thermal values mean lower heating and cooling costs.
Class 1 Polyurethane Foam meets the requirements of the major model building codes for many types of construction. Unlike panels with expanded polystyrene cores they will not produce a self-propagating fire. Local building codes may require automatic fire suppression systems for most installations.
Concealed Attachment with clips and fasteners at the side joint of the panel offers a clean high profile appearance. No more barn like metal building looks.
Metl-Span Panels are Lightweight, yet very strong and durable attributing to reduced costs for erection and structural support.
|Exterior Profile:||Architectural flat with flush or reveal side joints for high profile projects.|
|Interior Profile:||Light Mesa wave pattern, nominal 1/16″ deep.|
|Foam Core:||Foamed-in-place, Non-CFC & zero ODP polyurethane, Factory Mutual Class 1 approval.|
|Thermal Values:||R-Values with Air Films||75° Mean||40° Mean|
|• R-Values include the air films on each side of the panel
• 75° Mean based on ASTM C518 Thermal Testing. 40° Mean based on ASTM C1363 Thermal Testing (Values for C1363 based on 4″ panel testing). All values for other thicknesses extrapolated
|Module Width:||24″, 30″ & 36″|
|Panel Thickness:||2″, 2-1/2″, 3″ & 4″|
|Panel Lengths:||Standard 8′-0″ to 32′-0″.|
|Horizontal Application Reveal Widths:||1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 2-1/2″, 3″|
|Exterior Facings:||Architectural flat, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 22 Ga.|
|Interior Facings:||Stucco embossed, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 26 Ga., 24 Ga. and 22 Ga.|
|Standard Exterior:||Full-Strength 70% PVDF Fluoropolymer Coating|
|Finishes & Colors:||Polar White, Sandstone, Regal Gray, Desert Beige* and Dark Bronze*.
*Desert Beige and Dark Bronze are premium colors in 22 Ga. thickness.Note:
1. A new expanded palette of premium colors is also available for non-cold storage buildings.
2. Prices may vary by color, gauge and quantity of metal.
|Interior Finishes & Colors:||USDA-compliant Polyester, Igloo White.|
|Joint:||Offset double tongue and groove with extended metal shelf for positive face fastening.|
|Fastening:||Fastener & Clip concealed in the side joint.|
|FM Approved Class 1 with no height restrictions.|
|ARCHITECTURAL WALL PANEL ALLOWABLE CONNECTION LOAD WITH SIDE JOINT CLIP ONLY (PSF)|
|THICKNESS||PANEL SPAN (FT)|
- Based on CF-24, CF-30 and CF-36 panel with 22 ga. Flat exterior face & 26 ga. Light Mesa interior face (min Fy=33 ksi).
- Panel clips are fastened to min. 14 gage steel with (2) 1/4″-14 SDS Tek 3 at interior supports and (1) 1/4″-14 SDS Tek 3 at end supports. For 12 gage or thicker steel, #12-24 SDS and 1/4″-14 SDS Tek 5 may be used. In lieu of self-drilling screws, self-tapping screws may be used.
- Allowable loads based on panel stress, connection strength and deflection design criteria are derived from ASTM E72 structural testing.
- The allowable inward or outward loads is the smallest load calculated with a factor of safety of 2.5 for bending stress, 3.0 for shear stresses, 2.0 for connection and deflection limitation of L/180.
- The structural capacity of the supports are not considered and must be examined independently.
- Consult Metl-Span for recommendations on panel profile and gage suitable for thermal stresses.