Double-Lok® is a metal standing seam roofing product attached to sub-framing using a variety of concealed, interlocking clips that provide for minimum panel penetrations. Double-Lok panels can be used on new construction as well as retrofit on existing structures. This panel design provides a high degree of weathertightness and has been tested by independent laboratories in accordance with ASTM E283 and E331 (for air infiltration, water penetration, and wind uplift).
- 24 gauge (standard)
- 22 gauge
- 50′ maximum is standard but longer lengths available by special request
- 24″ wide by 3″ high (standard)
- 18″ also available
- Galvalume Plus®
- Signature® 200 Colors
- Signature® 300 Colors
- Recommended for roof slopes of ¼:12 or greater. Fixed clip recommended only for double slope buildings 200′ wide or less and single slope buildings 100′ wide or less. (May vary upon extreme weather conditions.) Oil-canning is not a reason for rejection
- Concealed fastening system. The clips are available as floating or fixed. Two different clip heights are available to allow for thermal blocks.
- New and retrofit applications
- Panel penetration is eliminated over the entire building envelope other than at the end laps and panel ends which are connected by a compression joint
- Factory notched at both ends with pre-punched holes
- End laps feature a 16 gauge backup plate with pre-punched holes
- Fewer exposed fasteners (by 80%) than traditional side lap panels
- Air infiltration and water penetration tests under IAS E283 and E331 methods performed on side lap panels
- Signature® 300 paint system
- Tall or short clips
- Panel side laps feature a factory
- UL® 90 and FM rated
- Optional product and weather
- Assures a weathertight
- Maximizes field installation efficiency with installation allowed from either end of building or on both sides simultaneously
- Allows solid connection at end laps plus proper fastener spacing; Pre-punched holes facilitate installation and assure proper panel placement
- Maximizes weathertightness
- Assures specifiers of minimal air infiltration and water penetration
- 25-year finish warranty
- Maximizes insulation systems options including 1″ thermal spacers at
- Facilitates weathertight construction and ease of installation
- Lowers insurance costs
- Adds to customer confidence
Double-Lok® – Section Properties
- All calculations for the properties of PBR panels are calculated in accordance with the 2001 edition of the North American Specification For Design Of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members.
- Ixe is for deflection determination.
- Sxe is for bending.
- Maxo is allowable bending moment.
- All values are for one foot of panel width.
Allowable Uniform Loads Notes:
- Allowable loads are based on uniform span lengths and Fy = 50 ksi.
- LIVE LOAD is limited by bending, shear, combined shear and bending and web crippling.
- Allowable loads consider a maximum deflection ratio of L/180.
- The weight of the panel has not been deducted from the allowable loads.
- THE ALLOWABLE UNIFORM LOADS ARE NOT FOR USE WHEN DESIGNING PANELS TO RESIST WIND UPLIFT.
- Please contact manufacturer or manufacturer’s website for most current allowable wind uplift loads.
- The use of any field seaming machine other than that provided by the manufacturer may damage the panels, void all warranties and will void all engineering data.
The engineering data contained herein is for the expressed use of customers and design professionals. Along with this data, it is recommended that the design professional have a copy of the most The engineering data contained herein is for the expressed use of customers and design professionals. Along with this data, it is recommended that the design professional have a copy of the most current version of the North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members published by the American Iron and Steel Institute to facilitate design. This Specification contains the design criteria for cold-formed steel components. Along with the Specification, the designer should reference the most current building code applicable to the project jobsite in order to determine environmental loads. If fur ther information or guidance regarding cold-formed design practices is desired, please contact
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 3, 2004
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Double-Lok® is a registered trademark of the NCI Group.
Galvalume Plus® is a registered trademark of BIEC International, Inc.
Signature® is a registered trademark of the