The SuperLok® standing seam roof system blends the aesthetics of an architectural panel with the strength of a structural panel. This panel has earned uplift ratings that are the highest in the industry for standing seam roofs, assuring the reliability of performance. This panel is FM Global approved to satisfy stringent code requirements and is ICBO approved.
- 24 gauge (standard)
- 22 gauge
- The maximum recommended length is 50′
- 16″ wide and 2″ high (standard)
12″ also available
- Galvalume Plus®
- Signature® 200 Colors
- Signature® 300 Colors
- SuperLok® must be installed on roof slopes of ½:12 or greater.
NOTE: Oil-canning is not considered grounds for rejection of any panel system. Oil-canning can occur in any panel with wide flat sections. Heavier gauge, embossing, striations, flatter sub-frame systems and support from a solid sub-deck can all help to minimize oil-canning.
Concealed fastening system. A choice of concealed fastening clips are available for this panel system including UL rated clips.
These clips hold the panels firmly in place without unsightly exposed fasteners. Each clip system offers the ability to accommodate thermal movement.
SuperLok® is a field seamed panel that combines a slim rib with exceptional uplift resistance. This panel has been designed to withstand the most rigorous conditions. This system was designed to be installed over open framing, 5/8″ plywood, or a composite roof assembly.
- For installation over purlins or bar joists
- Factory notched for end laps
- Clip allows 2″ panel movement
- Sealant is factory applied
- Optional limited weathertightness warranty is available
- UL® 90 qualified for wind uplift ratings under four types of construction, including open framing, composite and solid deck methods
- Metal closures
- Machine seamed
- Factory Mutual approved
- Concealed fastener
- South Florida approved
- Maximizes flexibility
- May be installed in both directions
- Provides for expansion and contraction
- Reduces labor, enhances system life
- Customer assurance of quality and
- May qualify for reduced insurance rates
- Longer life
- Meets stringent code requirements such as Factory Mutual
- This panel is Factory Mutual approved to satisfy stringent code requirements and is ICBO approved
- These clips hold the panels firmly in place without unsightly exposed fasteners; Each clip system offers the ability to accommodate
- This panel meets or exceeds the design requirements for appliction in
SuperLok® – Section Properties
- All calculations for the properties of SuperLok® panels are calculated in accordance with the 2001 edition of the North American Specification For Design Of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members.
- Ixe is for deflection determination.
- Sxe is for bending.
- Maxo is allowable bending moment.
- All values are for one foot of panel width.
Allowable Uniform Loads Notes:
- Allowable loads are based on uniform span lengths and Fy = 50 ksi.
- LIVE LOAD is limited by bending, shear, combined shear and bending and web crippling.
- Allowable loads consider a maximum deflection ratio of L/180.
- The weight of the panel has not been deducted from the allowable loads.
- THE ALLOWABLE UNIFORM LOADS ARE NOT FOR USE WHEN DESIGNING PANELS TO RESIST WIND UPLIFT.
- Please contact manufacturer or manufacturer’s website for most current allowable wind uplift loads.
- The use of any field seaming machine other than that provided by the manufacturer may damage the panels, void all warranties and will void all engineering data.
The engineering data contained herein is for the expressed use of customers and design professionals. Along with this data, it is recommended that the design professional have a copy of the most current version of the North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members published by the American Iron and Steel Institute to facilitate design. This specification contains the
design criteria for cold-formed steel components. Along with the specification, the designer should reference the most current building code applicable to the project jobsite in order to determine
environmental loads. If fur ther information or guidance regarding cold-formed design practices is desired, please contact the manufacturer.
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 3, 2004
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
SuperLok® is a registered trademark of the NCI Group.
Galvalume Plus® is a registered trademark of BIEC International, Inc.
Signature® is a registered trademark of the NCI Group.