Allowable Uniform Loads Notes:
- Strength calculations based on the 2007 AISI Standard “North American Specification for the Design of Cold-formed Steel Structural Members”, with 2009 and 2010 Supplements.
- Allowable loads are applicable for uniform loading and spans without overhangs.
- Gravity/Pressure load capacities are for those loads that push the panel against its supports. The applicable limit states are flexure, shear, combined shear and flexure, web crippling at end and interior supports, and a deflection limit of L/180 under strength-level loads.
- Wind Suction load capacities are for those loads that pull the panel away from its supports. The applicable limit states are flexure, shear, combined shear and flexure, and a deflection limit of L/60 under 10-year wind loading.
- Panel pullover and Screw pullout capacity must be checked separately using the screws employed for each particular application when utilizing this load chart.
- Effective yield strength has been determined in accordance with section A2.3.2 of the 2007 NAS specification.
The engineering data contained herein is for the expressed use of customers and design professionals. Along with this data, it is recommended that the design professional have a copy of the most current version of the North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members published by the American Iron and Steel Institute to facilitate design. This specification contains the design criteria for cold-formed steel components. Along with the specification, the designer should reference the most current building code applicable to the project jobsite in order to determine environmental loads. If fur ther information or guidance regarding cold-formed design practices is desired, please contact the manufacturer.
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 3, 2004
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Galvalume Plus® is a registered trademark of BIEC International, Inc.
Signature® is a registered trademark of the NCI Group.